BE A FLAG REFEREE
Flag football continues to show dramatic growth and is one of the fastest growing sports in North America and the world! This means that as the sport grows in popularity the greater the need for more and more officials. Becoming a referee is not only a great way to make money, it helps you stay active and provides a valuable service to younger players enjoying all the benefits and fun of flag football!
Flag Officials are paid on a per game basis (currently $15 per game) and can referee 2 one-hour games every evening. With flag games scheduled 4 nights per week, our referees can earn several hundred dollars over the 6 or 7 week season. Referees that are available to officiate frequently also get escalating pay…the more games you work, the more per game you earn!
- You can start officiating at the age of 13, however only for the younger age divisions
- We provide free training for new referees, as well as refresher clinics for returning referees. Dates and times will be announced ahead of the season start.
- Every referee is required to register online and obtain their Football Manitoba/Football Canada Fee Membership. This is a yearly fee.
Starting in 2021 Football Canada is implementing 2 different memberships: a Non-Contact Official membership and a Tackle Official membership.
Officials that referee both will have to obtain both memberships, however the Football Manitoba annual membership will only be charged to officials once within the calendar year.
- Referees are required to supply their own jerseys. You may purchase your own through the Football Manitoba office (approx $35).
- Referees will receive their assignments through our website referee platform.
- All earnings for officiating is paid out at the end of the season. There are no deductions from your pay unless you have a balance owing. i.e. your unpaid registration or a jersey purchase.
Download the Flag Officials Manual
If you are interested in officiating flag football or would like more information, please email email@example.com or contact:
Technical Coordinator – Football Manitoba
506-145 Pacific Avenue