Flag Football Referees
FLAG FOOTBALL continues to show dramatic growth and is one of the fastest growing sports in North America and the world! This means that as the sport grows in popularity the greater the need for more and more officials. Becoming a referee is not only a great way to make money, it helps you stay active and provides a valuable service and mentorship to younger players enjoying all the benefits and fun of flag football!
Flag Officials are paid on a per game basis and can referee 2 one-hour games every evening(spring season) or up to an entire day (up to 6-7 games during the winter indoor season). With Spring Flag games scheduled 4 nights per week, our referees can earn several hundred dollars over the 6 or 7 week season. Referees that are available to officiate frequently also get escalating pay…the more games you work, the more per game you earn!
- You can start officiating at the age of 13, however only for the younger age divisions
- We provide free training for new referees, as well as refresher clinics for returning referees. Dates and times will be announced ahead of the season start.
- Every referee is required to register online and obtain their Football Manitoba/Football Canada Fee Membership. This is a yearly fee.
- Referees are required to supply their own jerseys. You may purchase your own through the Football Manitoba office (approx $35).
- Referees will receive their assignments through our website referee platform.
- All earnings for officiating are paid out at the end of the season. There are no deductions from your pay unless you have a balance owing. i.e. your unpaid registration or a jersey purchase.
FLAG REFEREE TRAINING
Football Manitoba provides free training for all flag officials shortly before the start of each season. New delivery methods for flag training are in development and more information will be available here when finalized.
If you are interested in officiating flag football or would like more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FB Canada Tackle Competitions
U18 Female National Championship
FB Canada Flag Competitions
Canadian Flag Football League (CFFL)